Be sure to watch the recent webinar on our ThunderBolts™ Cancer Panel, a new targeted next-generation sequencing (NGS) panel that enables researchers to rapidly detect and cost-effectively analyze mutations on precious FFPE (Formalin-Fixed Paraffin-Embedded), tissue and Fluid Biopsy™ (circulating tumor DNA or ctDNA) samples.
Jeff Olson, Director of Genomic Applications at RainDance Technologies, provides a detailed overview of the panel and shares some of the recent customer performance data, including results from a direct comparison with the AmpliSeq Panel v2. The ThunderBolts Cancer Panel correctly identified a known mutation missed by AmpliSeq due to low coverage depth.
ThunderBolts Cancer Panel Advantages
The ThunderBolts Cancer Panel uses single molecule PCR to target 50 known cancer genes including tumor suppressors, mutation hotspots and drug resistance markers. The panel also features industry breakthroughs in sequence coverage and uniformity, allelic sensitivity, sample flexibility, workflow, and cost. The ThunderBolts Cancer Panel includes content found on the Ion Torrent AmpliSeq™ Cancer Hotspot Panel v2 and Illumina TruSeq® Amplicon Cancer Panel products. The ThunderBolts Panel also features several industry advantages:
- Superior coverage: Typical results include:100% of the amplicons with ≥100x coverage depth for samples with 2,500 mean reads/amplicon and 95% of the amplicons with ≥1000x coverage depth for samples with 5,000 mean reads/amplicon
- Low starting sample: As low as 10 ng amplifiable DNA with no pre-amplification
- Sample Flexibility: Compatible with all types of DNA, including FFPE, tissue and plasma
- Streamlined for Illumina NGS: Features RainDance DirectSeq™ workflow with integrated sequencing adaptors that eliminate separate library preparation step
- Fast and simple workflow: Less than 3 hours hands-on time enabling results in less than 2 days
- Ultra-sensitive: Detects minor allele frequencies of 5% or lower
- As low as $100 all-in per sample: Whole workflow cost includes all sample prep and Illumina sequencing (depending on sequencer indexing) with no up-front setup costs
The ThunderBolts™ Cancer Panel is for Research Use Only; not for use in diagnostic procedures.