Over the last month, RainDance has unveiled results from a series of recent studies that further validate the performance and strengthen the overall versatility of its RainDrop™ Digital PCR System. The RainDrop System surpasses all existing technologies and establishes a new performance standard in sensitivity, quantitation, and multiplexing. A growing number of customers around the world are now applying this technology to transform their traditional gene expression and chromosomal copy number variation studies.
One-Step Single Molecule RNA Detection
The new One-Step RT-dPCR capabilities provide researchers with a simple method of counting individual RNA target molecules. During the CHI Digital PCR Conference, extensive experimental data was presented showing:
- A wide dynamic range of six logs, enabling scientists to detect very low and very high abundance targets at the same time. This level of performance is crucial in many viral load detection applications, such as HIV and HPV studies where dose can vary greatly and emerging minor drug resistant strains need to be quantitatively analyzed.
- Multiplex analysis of four different gene targets. Uniquely, the RainDrop System allows multiplexing of up to 12 targets, which is critical for broad deployment of gene expression based prognostic panels.
- Detection of very subtle RNA level changes (+/- 10 percent). This will help transform applications such as neurobiology, where small changes in expression levels can have large effects.
High-Precision CNV Measurement
The RainDrop System is also the industry’s most precise digital PCR platform for accurately detecting and measuring low frequency chromosomal changes. During the CNAPS Conference, experimental data was presented demonstrating successful performance of the new High-Precision CNV Measurement capabilities.
- A 40-plex assay design: The team co-amplified 40 unique primer-probe regions over two different chromosomes using a universal probe design.
- Wide range of input requirements: Total system precision was assessed by successfully detecting CNVs at various input amounts of DNA ranging from 50ng to 10ng.
- Increasing amounts of affected fraction: The team observed clear separation between normal and affected chromosomal CNVs where affected DNA was five percent the total DNA population/fraction.
- Industry’s lowest coefficient of variation (CV): The RainDrop System CV was demonstrated to be less than 0.5 percent.
Both of these capabilities are being made available immediately to all current and future RainDrop customers.
The RainDrop System transforms the performance of molecular assays by enabling digital answers across a number of important applications including low-frequency tumor allele detection, gene expression, copy number variation, and SNP measurement.
Be sure to check out the latest series of Application Notes for the RainDrop System.
We are starting to see broad adoption around the world at leading government infectious disease labs, major commercial diagnostic organizations, and numerous prestigious translational research centers.
It’s now time for you to get your feet wet and experience the power of the RainDrop Digital PCR System and learn how it might transform your research efforts. Contact us for more information today.
The RainDrop Digital PCR System is for Research Use Only; not for use in diagnostic procedures.