The summer flew by, and we’re finishing up our last week here at RainDance Technologies as summer interns. During our time here at RainDance, we’ve gained valuable working experience and honed important skills, including:
- The ability to conduct intensive online research
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com
- An increased proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Although much of our time was spent in Excel, we were also given ample opportunities to gain valuable knowledge in Marketing that will benefit us in the future such as learning about Google Analytics, Search Engine Optimization, brainstorming on ads, and picking out trade show promotions. A few of our favorite experiences from our summer internship were:
- Going behind the scenes of the RainDrop™ System video shoot
- Getting a shout out from the VP of Global Sales in a meeting
- Meeting the CEO
- Not having to get coffee for senior staff!
- And, of course, intern team bonding over daily apple-breaks!
Looking back on our time at RainDance, we’ve accomplished a great deal over our six-week tenure! It’s been exciting to learn about the cutting-edge advancements RainDance is making in the fields of DNA sequencing and digital-PCR technologies. The RainDance team is clearly excited and passionate about their work, making the atmosphere in the building teeming with motivation. This inspiring and comfortable atmosphere made it easy to be incorporated into the close-knit community that is RainDance Technologies.
— Conor, Mike & Sam